Thursday, June 24, 2010

Chocolate Beet Cake

My brother-in-law gave us this recipe.  At first I was suspicious about ruining perfectly good chocolate cake with beet flavor, but was I ever pleasantly surprised!  They were so delicious and you can't even tell there are a bunch of beets in it.  I loved these cupcakes!

George halved this recipe and made cupcakes.  Enjoy!

CHOCOLATE BEET CAKE

3 cups beets shredded
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 cups flour
1/4 cup oil
4 oz unsweeted chocolate
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon baking powder

options
sub. 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

2 9-inch pans

325 for 40 min or more

1 comment:

Jamie said...

This recipe looks great! I guess it's like the chocolate version of carrot cake. I'm assuming you don't cook the beets. Thanks for sharing!