Monday, March 5, 2012

Bowl of Rust



The day I went to the Antiques Warehouse, Gary's cousin Al was showing me around, helping me move heavier pieces into better light, and making suggestions about interesting pieces.  As I would find something to photograph he would tell me about it's history or some interesting factoid about this or that.  Well, when I saw this bowl full of rusty metal tabs I was super excited.  I love how the orange rust contrasts with the bluish grey color of the tabs...so wabi sabi!  Al's only comment was, "I was with you until now."  We'll see what Al says when he sees the photo.  Maybe he'll still think I'm crazy, but maybe he will fall in love with this bowl of rust like I did.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You turned a bowl of rust into art. I bow to your eye. Al

Unknown said...

You turned a bowl of rust into art. I bow to your eye. Al