Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pretty Peachy


Last week the peach tree in my Dad's back yard was chock full of beautiful peaches.  Everything about them has the essence of softness...from their fuzzy coat to the way the color gently fades from yellow to orange to pinky-red.  And the shape is so crazy adorable!  I love the way the two cheeks are separated by a valley on one side that ends in a miniature peak.  There couldn't be a much more pleasing object to hold in your hand.

When I went out to pick them with my Dad I had to run back to the house to get the camera because the light was perfect and they were practically glowing!  He just called me last night and told me he picked 60 more peaches and was asking what to do with them.  I told him he should make jam and found this great website about how to do it.  Hopefully next time I see him he will have some pretty peachy jam for me to sample... I will let you know how it turns out. 

4 comments:

Margot Madison Creative said...

I love the color range of peaches too. If your dad has extra, I'm sure George has something he will make with them...

Sarah said...

The essence of summer...fresh, juicy peaches! How cool to be able to pick them in your own yard.

Christina Wald said...

Beautiful! Does George make pies? That is one of the best uses.

Nessy said...

Unfortunately my dad picked all those peaches a day before we were leaving on vacation so George wasn't able to make anything with them. Maybe next year.