Saturday, April 18, 2009

Fabric Dilema

Right now I am trying to choose between 2 fabrics that I love for roman shades in the computer room. The first fabric is gorgeous and is called Limonia Marble from Calico Corners. Here it is:



The second fabric is called Pierette Mimosa and is a Robert Allen Home fabric from JoAnn's. Here it is:



One nice thing about the Robert Allen fabric is that is has this coordinating fabric that I could use to re-upholster our rocking chair. Here it is:


I decided to try and do a quick and dirty Photoshop job to give me an idea of what they would look like.



From this it seems like I should choose the Limonia Marble over the Pierette Mimosa, but sometimes this Photoshop thing makes things look weird. Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the first for that room. If it was a very formal room, the vertical lines in the second might work better, but I like the softness of the first. Did you consider the coordinating fabric of the second for the shades? Though I think even in that case I like the first.

Anthropologie has some very cute clothes with birds on them now. Did you ever use that gift card?

Julie

KayAnne said...

I like the first fabric better as well. I agree w/ Julie that the vertical lines would look better in a more formal room - particularly one w/ high ceilings and fancy crown molding that is begging for a vertical emphasis.

But, what do I know? My current window coverings are an old pink blanket covered w/ dog hair and some random pieces of cardboard and old shelving that I set on the window sills come nightfall. Sometimes the wooden shelves blow down when we sleep w/ the windows open and scare the crap out of me and Woody when they crash to the floor in the middle of the night.

Everyone's familiar w/ the style known as "shabby chic." I like to refer to my style as "shabby shabby." However, that doesn't mean I don't aspire to something nicer. ;)

I vote for the first one!

roxygirl88 said...

I pick #1 too. I do like the coordinating fabric for #2, but, my first pick is #1. Will look great!