Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Adobe House Illustration

When I got home from Santa Fe I thought, "How can I ever thank our hosts Nancy and Bruce for their hospitality?"  So I decided I would do an illustration of their beautiful house. 

I love the way the adobe houses in Santa Fe blend perfectly into the landscape.  Everything seems covered in a layer of dust that mutes all the colors and yet this allows any color that is not earthy to really pop and feel even more saturated.  And speaking of adobe houses, check out those incredible beams and posts (not to mention the wrought iron light fixture!).

I just sent the illustration off today.  Thanks again Nancy and Bruce!  We had a wonderful visit.

(And for anyone out there looking for a good archival printer, I used my new Epson Stylus Photo R1900 and had great success.  I used their Epson Cold Press Bright paper and the colors were spot on.  I would recommend this printer for anyone doing fine art prints.  The only drawback is the colors are faded on regular paper so you need another printer for regular printing purposes.)

No comments: