Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Clothesline

At the beginning of summer George surprised me by hanging a clothesline under out new screen porch.  At first I was less than thrilled and made a snarky comment about looking like the Beverly Hillbillies.  But I have to say I am now totally hooked!

We have now gone through a whole summer not using the dryer.  Well, we do use it, but just on air fluff to take away the stiffness (or as I like to call it the crustiness). 

But besides the energy savings there is something wonderfully magical about it.  The other day I was outside hanging these sheets.  The sun was out and there was a slight breeze and it just felt good on so many levels.  It's green, it gets me outside on a beautiful day, the laundry smells fresh and clean, and it forces me to slow down.  Normally I dread doing the laundry and I try and do as many loads as I can in one day.  But with this method you can only do one load a day.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but it made me crazy happy to be out there at that moment.  So if you have the space I highly recommend it.  Bring it on Granny Moses!

1 comment:

syandell2000 said...

beautiful! My favorite projects in your house are those practical ones.