Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Flowers


Yesterday the doorbell rang and as I ran downstairs I was surprised to find this beautiful flower arrangement on the porch.  At first I thought maybe they were for my neighbor, but then I read the card and they were from my friend Erika and they were for me!  It is such a lovely thing to receive unexpected flowers.

Of course I immediately started fussing over where I would put them.  I usually have candles in the center of this berry wreath, but I have done that for years.  When I took the candles out and put the flowers in, it took my breath away.  I think I actually let out a little squeal of delight.  It was so perfect there and it totally made my day.  Thanks again Erika!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My pleasure. Thanks for the write up. I felt like I was there to see you receive them. (Plus, when you said you would put them in a wreath I thought it was one you hang on the door so I was curious to see what you had in mind.) See you soon. Erika