Thursday, February 9, 2012

Paper Cut Lotus Flower Valentine

This past weekend while everyone was gathered around the TV watching the pre-game of the Superbowl, my mom and I were happily maintaining our own Superbowl tradition...that is shopping.  This Sunday we found ourselves perusing the aisles of Jo-Ann Fabrics when I came across an incredible book entitled, "Paper Cutting Book: Contemporary Artists, Timeless Craft."  Even if you have no interest in the subject you will be amazed at what people can do with paper!  Some of my favorites include Elsa Mora, Patricia Zapata, Emily Hogarth, Matthew Sporzinski, Nikki McClure, Heather Moore, and Yulia Brodskaya.

After pouring over the book I decided what better way to thank my mom for the book than to make her an old-fashioned hand-crafted Valentine's Day card!  And it just so happened to coincide with my super crafty friend Libby coming over for dinner.  So last night we had a great night of dinner, wine and crafting.  What more could a girl ask for?

1 comment:

Libby said...

It looks BEAUTIFUL! I'm sure your mom loved it. Thanks for crafting with me - let's do it again soon!