Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day Succulent Arrangement


When I was a little girl my mom used to take me to Knollwood Garden Center and let me pick out a succulent.  I remember standing in the hot greenhouse with sweat trickling down my back, struggling to choose because I liked them all.  I don't know if that's when my fascination with succulents began, but I do so love their stout little bodies.  My favorite has always been the soft, chubby ones like the one in focus above.

In honor of that wonderful memory I decided to make a succulent arrangement for my Mom.  I bought this snail pot for her a few Mother's Days back at Home Emporium. This past summer she gave me a plant that was in it so I still had it.  I put calla lilies in it the first time around, so I wanted to do something different and the succulents were the perfect choice. And just standing in Lowe's today trying to figure out which cacti to buy put a smile on this girl's face.  Thanks Mom! 

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My next door neighbor got me into succulents last year and now I have several on my office window sills. I just love your arrangement and sure your mom will as well! Great gift!