Thursday, January 15, 2015

Berry Feast



I haven't been posting much lately because I have been holed up in my house avoiding the cold weather.  But yesterday a friend asked me to walk their dog and it forced me to venture out and I realized that if I bundle up properly, it really is not going to kill me.  So today, even though it was only in the 20s, I took a brisk walk around the neighborhood. 

As I was walking I noticed several trees had dropped all their berries and the robins were having quite a feast.  I stopped by the house to grab the camera and sat near the trees to try and photograph them.  As I sat still waiting for the birds to get used to me, cars kept driving by asking if I was OK.  They were probably thinking, "What kind of freak would sit out in twenty degree weather next to a pile of rotting berries?"  After I reassured them I was OK they would drive away and the birds would slowly return and I thought, "If they only knew what they were missing they would be sitting next to me!"


2 comments:

Margot Madison Creative said...

I'm loving the addition of your hand-drawn elements!

Jodi C said...

We have Pyracantha berries here that the birds eat then become tipsy and unflightworthy. Interesting article here:

http://www.mercurynews.com/animal-life/ci_25548010/are-robins-drunk-stuffed-or-drugged

Maybe George knows what happens???