Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Cincinnati Music Hall Sketch



On Monday my friend Christina Wald was going to be filmed for the TV show Artsbridge and she asked a bunch of her sketching friends to come along for fun.  We met at Washington Park in downtown Cincinnati to sketch Music Hall. 

The building was built in 1878 and is beautiful and quite grand.  I just learned from Wikipedia that it was built over a pauper's cemetery and that has given it the reputation of being one of the most haunted places in America.  I didn't see any ghosts but I did catch a chill sitting out there sketching.

So far only Christina has posted her sketch.  You can see it here.  I will post more links when they are done. 


1 comment:

Jodi C said...

Impressive building, it looks huge. I can't imagine sketching in the dead of a Cincinnati winter. I also can't imagine sketching that building, it's so frilly, I know I would get lost!