Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The San Marco - Walnut Hills, Cincinnati



Last weekend Christina and I went for a bike ride at Lunken and then we stopped at Cafe deSales in Walnut Hills.  We had been wanting to sketch the San Marco and it was fun to have a bite to eat and then sit at the cafe and sketch.  You can see Christina's sketch in her mini sketchbook here.

Every time I drive through Walnut Hills I am in awe of this building.  I love that it is built on a funny, obtuse angle and the stone and copper work is amazing.  It was built in 1893 by local architects John Boll and Charles Taylor.  There are some nice images and history of the building here.  I like to imagine myself looking out the window of the round room on the top floor.  The architecture of Cincinnati never ceases to amaze me.


No comments: