Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Lake House Sketch



Last weekend some friends invited us to visit their lake house for the day.  I had never been invited to a lake house before and was excited to see the house and lake, and to do all the water activities.  We lucked out and the weather was absolutely beautiful.  When we arrived at the house we got the full tour.  My friends had actually built the house themselves and it was beautifully decorated with my friends' artwork and photos from their scuba diving trips.  After the house tour we got a tour of the lake by boat.  We then used the jet skis and attempted to water ski.   George was the only one who made it up on the knee board.  We also went for a swim in the lake and the water was deliciously warm. 

After a day on the water we gathered for appetizers and drinks on the back porch and listened to our friend tell stories.  And finally we ended the day with dinner and dessert.  I can't remember the last time I scheduled a day of fun and relaxation like this.  It was so nice to be with friends in such an incredible setting.  I am now determined to have more days like this.  Days spent with no other purpose than to chat with friends and relax.  Lately I feel a strong need to slow down and concentrate on only what is in front of me...  to pay attention to all the lovely details of life that one can only notice at a snail's pace.  And when I do this there is always beauty, peace or joy.

“Just slow down. Slow down your speech. Slow down your breathing. Slow down your walking. Slow down your eating. And let this slower, steadier pace perfume your mind. Just slow down…” – Doko


Thank you to Anne and Freddie for a wonderful day on the lake!

No comments: