Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sweet Peas

I know it's summer when we start to get sweet peas from Hazelfield Farms.  I have to admit I am not a huge sweet pea lover, but I did discover I love photographing them.  It doesn't happen very often, but some times every thing happens just right in a photo shoot.  I barely fussed with the composition of the peas.  I dumped out a few, cut one open to show the peas inside and then sprinkled a few peas around and everything just sort of fell into place.  Then the lighting was starting to fade but it was just enough to shoot wide open and get a nice forefront focus and soft background.

When I uploaded my photos and looked at them seeing these sweet peas just made me smile.  I love the way the light makes the pea bodies look so soft and green.  It made me want to nestle right up next to them in that pod.  When I think about it, this is why I do this blog.  It brings me such joy to take note of the small things in life that are so friggin' amazing and that are around us all the time.

Being part of the Hazelfield Farm CSA has not only broadened my palate and made me healthier, but it has opened my eyes to the incredible beauty of the food we eat.  Seriously, next time you are eating say a carrot, or a strawberry, stop for a second before you eat it and take a look...it will blow your mind if you let it. (Click photo to enlarge).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your comment about nestling up against the peas brought a big smile to my face! You are right, I should stop and take a closer look at all the wonderful vegetables, fruits and grains. Just now, I'm thinking...hmmm....strawberries would make a great photo op!! Lovely composition you made here!