Monday, June 10, 2013

Sketchbook - Cincinnati


After Illustrator Lunch last week Christina, Jeb, and I crossed over to the "other side" and sketched Cincinnati from Riverside Drive in Covington (that's Kentucky for all you out-of-towners).  It was a beautiful day and we got right down to work.  Christina sketched the Roebling Suspension Bridge while Jeb and I sketched the Cincinnati skyline (check back soon because I will link to theirs when they post them).

This was not one of my favorite sketches and at one point I considered not posting it, but I think it's important to accept not every one will be a masterpiece (unless, of course, you are Christina).  After I added the watercolor I felt it turned around a bit and I started to even like its "naive" illustrator look.  I have begun to understand that that is the look that comes out of me.  It is what happens when I put a pencil in my hand without the aid of Illustrator or Photoshop and it may not be perfect, but it is apparently "my style".  And I love when I see other people's imperfect styles, so why not love mine? 


3 comments:

Christina Wald said...

Your latest sketches have been spectacular! I cannot believe you did not want to show this one :)

Unknown said...

I love this and would love to use it in a monthly missionary newsletter I send out.

If credit is given would you be interested?

Nessy said...

Cindy, thank you for asking. Can you tell me a bit more about your mission work and what it is about?