Thursday, June 6, 2013

Garlic Scapes & Onions



The other day my amazing photographer friend Gina posted a photo on facebook of a bowl of fava beans and a curly cue sprig from the plant.  The curly sprig reminded me of the garlic scapes and onions in the fridge and I thought,  "I have no idea how to cook them, but at least I can photograph them!"

So I pulled them out of the depths of the refrigerator and we had a quick photo shoot out by the shed.  I looooooove their slender, curvy, soft green bodies and the ombre effect of their white heads...too beautiful!  Now, if only cooking-loving hubby were here to concoct some wonderful meal with them.  Alas, he is in Ireland and I am stuck here googling garlic scape recipes.  Something is not right here. 



Oooh, I just found a good link with incredible-looking recipes here.  Will let you know how it goes.

No comments: