"It has been a few years since I fell hard for a beautifully perfect and tragically expensive chandelier — Ochre's Arctic Pear. " - Leah Moss from Apartment Therapy
I was soooooooooo disappointed! So when I found Leah Moss's comment above on Apartment Therapy I knew someone else out there felt the same way I did. In her post she goes on to list some alternatives and that is how I found the Robert Abbey Bling Chandelier. I did a ton of research and this was the only one I could find that had an oil-rubbed bronze metal ring. We ended up buying it from Candelabra Lighting and Home Decor and were very happy with our choice.
The only negative thing I have to say about it is that it was a bit of a challenge to put up. It took three of us and many shaky arms to hang it, not to mention the hours it took to individually hand each glass orb. Lucky for me I have an awesome hubby who figured out his needle-nose plier technique for fitting two tiny metal arms into an even tinier hole. When we finally finished hanging it that day and turned the lights on I think the neighbors could hear me squeal with glee. I love it! It goes to show that with patience and perseverance you can accomplish your goals even if it takes ten years. Goodbye octopus, hello bling!
Steps to hang Robert Abbey Bling Chandelier1) Take down Octopus
2) Extract hundreds of glass orbs from tiny boxes while wearing fancy white gloves.
3) Meticulously hang precious glass orbs by squeezing two tiny metal wires into small holes.
4) Do not fall!
5) Clean floor of hundreds of little orange baggies decorating floor like fall leaves.
6) Collapse with happiness that all orbs are hung.
7) Turn light on and dance and squeal with glee!