Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Frost


Two rare events occurred this morning.  First, I woke up early (which many of you know is not a common occurrence).  And second, when I opened my eyes I discovered the most lovely frost feathers had grown on my window pane overnight.  I hopped out of bed, grabbed the camera and took these photos.  I then shut my eyes just as the sun was rising.  When I awoke again they had disappeared completely.

What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset." - Crowfoot




2 comments:

april said...

so lovely. You really captured that ephemeral wonder.

May and Jim said...

Beautiful frost feathers! I will notice those more now.