Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Vintage Frame Sale



Where else can you be invited to a vintage frame sale in an old warehouse jamb packed with handmade wooden frames that have been collecting dust for almost a hundred years?  Nowhere but Cincinnati.  And that is why I love living here!

I went to the sale with the idea that I would only take photos.  But I left the sale with about 15 circular frames of varying sizes because the deals to be had were too dang good!  People were buying huge stacks of frames for $75.  It was really quite a scene.  When we arrived we were offered rubber gloves and we all thought that was extreme...that is until we saw the amount of dust.  The frame in the photo above looks grey, but it is really a white frame covered in dust!  And after about fifteen minutes of frantic frame shoppers grubbing and grabbing frames, the air was filled with dust too. I'm sure we all left with a pound of extra dust not only on our frames but in our hair, coats and lungs...small sacrifice for such fun.  Now, what to do with all these frames?










6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your shots of the frame sale! That was so much fun! I ended up with 43 frames! EEks!

Nessy said...

Sherry, I can't wait to see what you do with them! I already regret not buying more. I hope to go again.

Anonymous said...

I missed the sale. Do you know if they are going to do it again?

Christina Wald said...

I love the type you did on the initial photo. I am excited to use my unusually shaped frames.

Nessy said...

My friend Amy did a nice blog post about her vintage frame purchases too. You can see it here - http://www.amybogard.com/2014/01/13/portals/. She says the next sale will happen again, Sunday February 16, 1-3 pm at the Mohawk Building, 2145 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45214.

Jessica Jones said...

That looks amazing!!!