Tuesday, August 27, 2013

St. Mary's Basilica, Covington, KY - Sketchbook



A couple weeks ago Christina and I went to Kentucky to sketch the St. Mary's Basilica in Covington. From the outside it is totally amazing, but then you go inside and you can't even believe your eyes!  The amount of stained glass is mind boggling and it is crazy-beautiful.  Not to mention the intricate wood carving and the Duveneck murals.  If you are ever in Covington it is well worth it to visit.

I have really enjoyed these sketching outings with Christina.  She is so talented and I learn so much from her every time we sketch.  I love to watch how she begins a drawing and it has been really helpful to see how she depicts texture and shadow.  Not to mention I love how she paints her skies.  You can see her sketch of this same building here.  Thanks so much Christina for getting me out there - you're work inspires me to keep at it!


No comments: