Thursday, November 7, 2013

Antiques Warehouse - Cincinnati, OH



Because I had my dates wrong I ended up going to the Antiques Warehouse twice last month.  And what good fortune that turned out to be!  I can't get enough of it.  Every time I go I see something new and it is so much fun to photograph the collections.  Gary Neltner, the owner, is nice enough to indulge my habit and allows me to rummage around, oohing and aahing and making random arrangements. 

As I look through these photos I am starting to realize there is something amazing to be found among these objects.  Under the dust and deep in the shadows I am finding my passion. I am super-crazy-in-love with photographing
rusty metal, peeling paint on wood and vintage curiosities. This trip was an eclectic mix of wagon wheels, a beautiful assortment of hammerheads, tramp art, plastic knobs, antique weights, old castors and wood baubles, and antique lighting. By the end of our tour I am usually covered in dust from laying on the floor but I couldn't be happier.

"Don’t ask what the world needs. 
Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. 
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." 

-Howard Thurman










No comments: