Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Krohn Conservatory Sketch



Last week Christina, Amy and I went sketching at the Krohn Conservatory.  It was crazy crowded with kids because of the Costa Rica butterfly exhibit so we made our way over to the far room and found a bench.  We sketched for maybe an hour and then Amy showed us that she had had her sketchbook stamped with a butterfly as she left that exhibit.  When we got up to leave I asked the man so stamp my sketch down in the bottom left corner.  He had other plans and stamped the butterfly right in the middle of my water.  As you can see there is a slight remnant of butterfly in the water.  It was a happy accident because I don't know if I would have used that color blue for the water and I ended up liking it.  Next time I go I want to sketch the bonsai trees.  You can see Christina and Amy's sketches here.


No comments: