Friday, April 28, 2017

Ewok Embroidery



Last year my nephew saw the cat embroidery I did for my mom and asked if I could do another.  I told him I could but was confused because he doesn't have a cat and he said, "I don't want a cat...but can you do an ewok?"  I told him I would think about it.  And that is how I came to this fun project.

Not wanting to be too obscure, I chose the most famous ewok of all named Wicket.  If you don't remember Wicket appeared in Return of the Jedi and helped the Rebel Alliance defeat the Galactic Empire during the Battle of Endor.

I finished the embroidery in January and had just given it to my nephew when I got the email about the upcoming "May the Fourth Be With You" art tribute show.  Last year I did a linocut print of Max Rebo for the show and I knew I wasn't going to have time to pull together a print.  But luckily my nephew gave me permission to put Wicket in the show (although he won't be for sale).


Below you can see the completed embroidery.  I had so much fun going to the bead store and searching for the perfect stone for the top of his staff.  And if you were wondering, yes, there is more ewok under that scarf! 

I normally like to end with a quote but, seeing how Wicket spoke Ewokese, I will leave you with a short Ewok phrase and a Yoda quote..."Yub Nub!"

“Do. Or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda



If you are in Cincinnati "do or do not" come out to the show. The opening is May 4th at the Brew House from 5-11 pm. "May the Fourth Be With You!"

5 comments:

Roya Jade said...

Would you be interested in selling this? So so cute! If so, my email is royajadephoto@gmail.com

Roya Jade said...

Would you be interested in selling this? So so cute! If so, my email is royajadephoto@gmail.com

Roya Jade said...

Would you be interested in selling this? So so cute! If so, my email is royajadephoto@gmail.com

Nessy said...

Roya, I am sorry but this piece is not for sale. It now lives at my Mom's house. Thank you for your interest!

Joy said...

Hi Nessy, the embroidery look great and would you mind sharing tutorial in how you did it? Appreciate your help. Thank you