Thursday, July 4, 2013

Round Folk Tablecloth


This tablecloth was another great find at the Springfield Antique Extravaganza this past May.  As you know I collect vintage folk tablecloths and I couldn't believe my luck when I came across this one... I have never seen a round tablecloth in this style!  When I got home and tried it out on my entry table I was also happily surprised that it fit my entry table perfectly.  It did however have the same problem as the round tablecloth that I designed for Valentinte's day - it shrank more in one direction so it was no longer a circle but an oval.  I tried to ignore it but every day when I came down the stairs my eye went right to that uneven hem.  So I finally broke down and hemmed it  (again, breaking my rule of not buying things that need fixing).  But I love these adorable yellow characters and the charming Pennsylvania Dutch design makes me happy every time I see it.  So in the end it was worth it breaking the rules. 

Happy Fourth of July everyone!



1 comment:

Nancy said...

Nice article. I read your blog. Your blog very interesting and amazing informatial. I have a website for round tablecloth. Visit this Site.